The Burlesque Hall of Fame seeks volunteers for a variety of roles in the museum, including:
- Museum docents (local only): Greet visitors, lead tours, answer questions, and assist museum staff.
- Collection assistants (local only): Assist with organizing, cataloguing, and conserving the museum’s collection of artifacts including stage costumes and props, publicity photographs, and personal belongings from some of burlesque’s biggest stars.
- Writers: Create promotional and educational materials for the museum for print, Web, smartphone, and other channels of communication.
- App designers/Developers: We have several projects we’d like to launch for smartphones.
- Data entry: We are working on several ways people working remotely can help with cataloguing and building our media contact list.
- Fundraising: Like most nonprofits, increasing our fundraising revenue is key for the continued expansion of the museum and our programming.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to all aspects of diversity and accepts volunteers regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, and physical disability.
If interested, please contact us with information about yourself and your availability. Resumes accepted but not required.