P/T Museum Assistant (20 hrs/wk, $13.00/hr)
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is seeking a Museum Assistant. This is a part-time position (approx. 20 hrs/wk) paying $13/hr. The Museum Assistant provides tours to visitors, works in the museum store, and assists with maintenance of the public space. In addition, the Museum Assistant will help with installation of new exhibits and execution of public programming.
This position is an entry-level position with the capacity to expand according to the talent and interests of the candidate. Based on performance and budget, it may be expanded to full-time in the next fiscal year. The museum provides resources for professional development and opportunities for personal growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Greets visitors, charges admission, and orients visitors to the museum. Guides visitors through the museum’s exhibitions and answers questions about the displays, the museum, and the museum’s programs.
- Assists visitors in the museum store and rings up sales. Assists in management of the museum store, including generating reports, monitoring inventory levels, adding items into the point-of-sale system, pricing and displaying new merchandise, etc.
- Assists in the monitoring of the museum space and of the objects on display and in the implementation of the museum’s security policies.
- Assists with the routine maintenance and cleaning of the museum’s public spaces.
- Processes online orders for shipment.
- Assists with the installation and de-installation of exhibits under the supervision of the Executive Director and Curator.
- Assists with execution of public programs under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Program Coordinator.
- Participates in relevant workshops, conferences, and self-education and keeps up to date on burlesque history and trends in museum interpretation.
- Participates in other activities in support of the museum as necessary
- High School Diploma; AA or higher degree in history, museum studies, anthropology, art history, women’s studies, or related field preferred
- Experience in a field requiring regular interaction with the public
- Strong computer and communication skills; good social media skills a plus!
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of or interest in burlesque and burlesque history
- Commitment to the role and mission of the museum
- 18+ and local to Las Vegas
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is encourages persons of all races/ethnicities, levels of physical abilities, genders and sexualities, and ages to apply. We are an educational organization that is enriched by a diversity of experiences and viewpoints.