FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BURLESQUE HALL OF FAME LAUNCHES WITH LAS VEGAS MAYOR CAROLYN GOODMAN, BURLESQUE LEGEND TEMPEST STORM, AND MORE!
New Museum Offers Tourists a Peek Into the History and Future of The Art of Striptease
Launch Event Held April 17, 2018, Noon to 3pm
March 28, 2018–The Burlesque Hall of Fame (BHoF) invites you to be THE FIRST to see Las Vegas’ newest, sexiest attraction featuring thousands of artifacts of burlesque history including costumes, images, and props. Join us for our BIG REVEAL event Tuesday, April 17th, 12pm -3pm.
The event will feature a ribbon-cutting ceremony by Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman, followed by access to the exhibits, cocktails provided by Sort This Out Cellars, and hors d’oeuvres. Live performances by burlesque stars Kalani Kokonuts and Michelle L’amour, and a special appearance by Dirty Martini are scheduled, as well as a chance to meet Legendary burlesque performer, Tempest Storm! The BIG REVEAL will be hosted by “Tease Queen” and burlesque favorite, Melody Sweets, who originated the Green Fairy character in the hit show ABSINTHE at Caesars Palace.
Celebrating 12 years in Las Vegas, The Burlesque Hall of Fame is the world’s only museum dedicated to preserving the history of striptease. The new facility represents a huge leap forward for the organization, offering more than 10 times the exhibition space of its previous location and turning it into a major attraction for Las Vegas visitors and locals alike.
We are proud to offer:
- Vastly expanded exhibitions:
- The history of burlesque, from the late 1800s to today
- The rise of neo-burlesque and Exotic World’s role in connecting the new generation and the old
- Costumes, props and other artifacts from burlesque’s history (including Board member Dita Von Teese’s martini glass/bath, Gypsy Rose Lee’s traveling trunk, and costumes from Sally Rand and Rose La Rose)
- A changing exhibition space for thematic exhibitions, currently theater marquees, posters, and paintings
- The Bawdy Shop Studio, a learning space for hosting classes, exhibitions, lectures, readings, and film screenings
- Onsite cataloged storage and preservation of our unique collection, accessible by researchers
“BHoF isn’t only about burlesque. Our history is shared with that of comedy, theater, dance, film, fashion, underground art, feminism, labor movements, the military and the USO, LGBTQIA communities and more,” notes Executive Director Dustin Wax. “Visitors will enjoy over-the-top costumes and props, rare photos of vintage performances, stories of celebrities and scandal, and of course, information on the art’s history.”
BHoF is located at 1027 S Main St, #110, Las Vegas, NV 89101. We are open Tuesday – Saturday, 10am-6pm. Admission $15 ($12 with Nevada ID; $10 for students, military, and seniors).
The Burlesque Hall of Fame and the world’s only museum dedicated to preserving, celebrating and inspiring the art of burlesque. BHoF is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Burlesque Hall of Fame is a member of the Nevada Museum Association, Western Museums Association, American Alliance of Museums, and the American Association of State and Local History.
BHoF is featured as a top Las Vegas destination:
- Travel Agent Central “5 Unusual Museums and Attractions to Visit In Las Vegas” (2017)
- Atlas Obscura (2017)
- Time Out Magazine “Best Museums in Las Vegas” (2017)
- Matador Network “Nevada’s 8 Best Museums” (2018)
- Lonely Planet “50 Best Museums to Blow Your Mind” (2016)
Post a comment