The Burlesque Hall of Fame
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CLASS IS IN SESSION AT THE BURLESQUE HALL OF FAME’S SCHOOL OF STRIPTEASE
The world’s only burlesque museum kicks off 2020 with a range of classes for all levels
January 7, 2020 – Las Vegas, NV – The Burlesque Hall of Fame, the world’s only museum of burlesque, offers a range of classes for all levels of performance skill. Presented as part of it’s “School of Striptease” program, classes include one-off drop-in classes offering burlesque basics or fine-tuning specific skills, as well as 8-week intensive courses covering all the bases. Courses include:
- “Burlesque for Beginners” 8-week course (Wednesday nights, 7-9pm,
February 26 – April 15)
This eight-week intensive burlesque course is designed for people ready to tap into the empowerment that can come from stripping away all inhibitions and taking control of their own body. Students will learn basic moves like the bump and grind and stroll, how to use the classic props of burlesque like fans, boas and gloves, and can be part of a group act to be performed at our April 17 “Anniversa-TEASE” event. Registration is $400 ($380 before February 1st).
- “Get Your
Act Together” 8-week course (Tuesday nights, 7-9pm, January 28 – March
This eight-week course is designed for new or established performers who would like to create a burlesque act. Established burlesque professionals will guide you through honing your gimmick, character development, creating cohesive and functioning costumes and props, and producing a comprehensive and entertaining routine that can be adapted to many stages and shows. The course will culminate with a student showcase. Registration is $400.
Courses (Wednesday nights, 6:30-7:30 pm) are one-time classes covering
various topics. Check our website for upcoming topics. Registration is $40 at
the door, $35 online. Some of the topics scheduled include:
- Burlesque 101: Learn a brief history of burlesque and practice classic striptease moves such as working with a boa, glove removal, the “bump & grind” and the shimmy! Gloves and boas provided for use in class or bring your own.
- Barre for Burlesque: A fun, dynamic, whole-body work out that combines elements of the popular barre fitness style with elements of modern and contemporary burlesque. All levels are welcome.
- Bump & Grind: Work up a sweat while learning to seduce your audience with the “Bump & Grind!” Showcase your unique physicality with the suggestive movements of 1950’s Burlesque stars!
- Burlesque Basics: A 15-minute class focused on basic moves that can be performed in street clothes. $5 at the door, offered multiple times between 6p and 9p only during First Fridays.
Our classes are guided by the principle that “All bodies are burlesque bodies”, with a commitment to the comfort and empowerment of our students. We welcome all ages, ethnicities, body types, levels of physical ability, and levels of personal comfort. More information on The School of Striptease and the various courses can be found at bhof.link/schoolofstriptease. Students can register online at bhof.link/shop or at the museum during regular business hours.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is the world’s only museum dedicated to preserving, sharing, celebrating and inspiring the art of burlesque.We are located at 1027 S Main St, #110, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Open hours are Tues – Sat, 10am – 6pm, and Sun 12pm – 4pm. Admission $15 ($12 with Nevada ID; $10 for students, military, and seniors). More information about the museum and its programs can be found at burlesquehall.com.