The application for performers wishing to compete in the 2014 Miss Exotic World competition and/or appear in the Thursday night Movers, Shakers, and Innovators Showcase is now live. Go to BHoFApplication.com and start your application today! Performers who have applied before can use the same login — all your information from last year (or back to 2011) has been saved. The deadline is ONE WEEK EARLIER than last year; applications must be submitted by January 27, 2014, at midnight. As before, there is a $10 “early bird” discount for applicants who complete the first two steps (which will take only a few minutes!) and submit their payment by January 6th (and if you submit payment by December 15 and change your mind about applying, we’ll refund half your payment!).
There have been a few changes worth noting this year:
1. Applicants will no longer receive a free BHoF membership. They will, however, still be eligible for the members-only early-bird Weekender ticket sales and discounts.
2. Applicants may now submit up to TWO separate applications in a category. The second application will be evaluated completely independently of the first.
3. There are a number of significant rule changes. Please make sure you review the rules before submitting — this year’s changes are highlighted in red.
If you’re interested in participating in the 2014 Weekender as a volunteer, sponsor, vendor, or service provider, please drop us a line at the appropriate email address below:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteers, service providers, instructors, etc. or just general information
- email@example.com for sponsors, advertisers, and gift bag donors
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a vendor at the Weekender
Vince V. Vice says:November 26, 2013 at 6:19 pm
When you submit two acts do you also have to pay the application fee twice or just once?
Dustin Wax says:November 26, 2013 at 10:49 pm
It counts as two separate applications with two separate application fees. Apply during the early-bird period and the early-bird discount will apply to each.
Miss t says:December 19, 2013 at 7:23 pm
Is this an actual competition? Is the cash prizes?
Dustin Wax says:December 20, 2013 at 10:41 am
Miss Exotic World is definitely an actual competition — some say *the* competition. There is no cash prize, but we do put together pretty good prize packages every year. Most would say that the title is the top prize, though, joining the ranks of Catherine D’Lish, Dirty martini, Kitten DeVille, Michelle L’amour, Roxi D’Lite, Indigo Blue, and about 20 other of the burlesque world’s greatest.