The Burlesque Hall of Fame seeks volunteers for a variety of roles, including:
- Local Support: Las Vegas residents and visitors, we need you on site! Help set up exhibits, catalog the collection, welcome guests at the front desk and gift store and more. Learn more about opportunities available on-site and sign up here. If you’ve already signed up, let us know what shifts you can do.
- Remote Data Entry: Help us digitize our catalogue by copying handwritten information into our online forms and/or add photos to appropriate object files in our online database.
- Merchandise Design Team: Persons with design and merchandising talent to help plan, design, and order an appealing and integrated line of souvenir merchandise for sale in our museum and at our annual Weekender event.
- Online Content and Promotion: Add BHoF events to relevant calendars, help locate and contact suitable journalists and other outlets for information about BHoF programming, and create content for our websites and newsletters.
- Writer: Research and write 300-1000 word pieces on burlesque history and related cultural topics, as well as other information if interest to burlesque, history, dance, and theater fans. Create promotional and educational materials for the museum for print, Web, smartphone, and other channels of communication.
- App Designer/Developer: We have several projects we’d like to launch for smartphones.
- Co-curator: Work with the museum’s director to develop an exhibition around a topic of your expertise. Assist with selection of material from the museum’s collection as well as sourcing material to borrow from collectors or other institutions.
- Fundraising: Assist us in developing and cultivating relationships with potential individual donors, grant-making bodies, and corporate sponsors.
- Oral History: Collect oral history interviews with burlesque Legends and neo-burlesque pioneers for our archives. Assist with development of an online interpretive resource to make recorded interviews available to researchers and the general public. Some academic training in history, anthropology, Women’s Studies, or similar field preferred for this role.
- Photo Archivist: Help develop an online system to collect, identify, organize, and make available to the public photos from Miss Exotic World pageants and BHoF Weekenders going back over a decade, as well as into the future.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to all aspects of diversity and accepts volunteers regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and physical disability. Due to the potentially sensitive nature of our collections and programming, volunteers must be over 18.
If interested, please contact us with information about yourself and your availability or click the button below to sign up. Resumes accepted but not required.