The Burlesque Hall of Fame supports and encourages the use of our collection by academics, students, writers, and other members of the public for exhibition, education, and research purposes. Any reasonable request for access will be considered. Permission to access the BHoF collection will be at the discretion of the museum staff, and is subject to limitations of staff time and resources, the condition of the object(s) in question and their ability to be handled and examined, relevant state and federal law (including copyright), donor restrictions, and issues of privacy.
Visitors are asked to please submit your request for permission to access the collection at least three (3) weeks in advance so that suitable arrangements can be made. Access to our collection is subject to the following conditions:
- A member of BHoF’s staff must be present at all times.
- Handbags, briefcases, backpacks, and other pieces of personal luggage must be given into the staff members’ custody during the time a visitor is in the collection room.
- Visitors may handle objects only in spaces designated by the staff member and must follow all instructions for proper handling of the object. Gloves and other protective equipment will be provided.
- Permission to photograph objects in the collection may be requested as part of your request for access. If granted, BHoF asks that the photographer provide copies of all images for us in its database and for promotional purposes (with credit).
- Digital copies of photographs in the museum’s collection for use in research and academic journal publication will be provided on request. For images that are already digitized, these will be provided at no charge. For images not yet digitized, a scanning fee of $10/image will be charged. Images are provided in 300dpi JPEG format; other formats can be provided for an additional $10/image fee. The use of images for commercial publication is subject to licensing fees from $50-$200 and will be determined based on the nature of the use.
- Images and objects reproduced in print require a credit line as provided by the museum staff (typically “Image courtesy of The Burlesque Hall of Fame”).
- Publication of images of recognizable personalities may require permission from the person(s) represented or their heirs. It is the researcher’s responsibility to determine the legality of their use of images and to secure any necessary permissions from the person(s) pictured or their agents.
- The museum requests a copy of any scholarly or mainstream publication that results in whole or in part from use of its collection. All publications will be added to the museum’s archives and made available for other researchers.
- There is no charge for the first day (any time period between 10am and 5pm) of access to the museum’s collection. Access after the first day or before or after standard operating hours (10am-5pm) will be charged at $20/hour with a minimum of $100.
To request permission to access the museum’s collection, please complete the form below and mail or email it to:
Mail: Burlesque Hall of Fame
PO Box 580
Las Vegas, NV 89125
Researcher Access Policy and Application (PDF: 79k)